Thursday, October 16, 2008

Republican yuck yucks

At the National Press Club Republican Congressional Club Chairman Tom Davis has a laugh before saying Republicans would "...never, ever do any along the lines of" voter suppression - on the record of course.

His response draws big larfs from all present. showing just how entertaining plutocratic rule by vote theft can be - I mean who could argue that the last eight years under Herr Bush haven't been anything but a joyride for the "little people" all round the world?



Elsewhere in the news, his dark majesty has retired to his mysterious grotto to convalesce in his sarcophagus. I'm certainly crossing my fingers in an earnest wish.

Lyrics of the Day

For a while I thought I fell asleep
Lying motionless inside a dream

Then rising suddenly
I felt a chilling breath upon me
She softly whispered in my ear
(Forsaken)

Forsaken
I have come for you tonight
Awaken
Look in my eyes and take my hand
Give yourself up to me

I waited faithfully
For night to fall again
Trying to silence the fear within me

Out of the night and mist
I felt a stinging kiss
And saw a crimson sting on her lips

I have to know your name

Where have I seen your face before
My dear why don't you be afraid

Forsaken
I have come for you tonight
Awaken
Look in my eyes and take my hand
Give yourself up to me
Take me far away
Close your eyes
And hold your breath
'Til the ends of the earth

Forsaken
I have come for you tonight
Awaken
Look in my eyes and take my hand
Forsaken
Fly away with me tonight
Awaken
Renew my life
Now you are mine
Give yourself up to me

---"Forsaken" - James LaBrie, John Myung, John Petrucci, Mike Portnoy, Jordan Rudess – Dream Theater

4 comments:

Ronaldus Magnus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
New American Patriot said...

Gee, that nefarious organization that helps people with their tax returns, lobbies for minimum wage raises, access to health care and registers minority and low-income voters:

http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=12342&L=1%2F%2Findex.php%3Fid%3D

Hey, I know, how about if we start questioning MCCAIN's ties to ACORN:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/13/acorn-mccain-and-gop-used_n_134284.html

Time to put the brakes on the bullshit express. Republicans hate it when the "little people" get out and vote.

Because they lose.

Ronaldus Magnus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
New American Patriot said...

The TRUTH is that ACORN hires day workers to go out and sign up new voters. Some of the day workers cheat and just fill out the sheets themselves, then turn them in. And some Republican operatives will go to any length to disrupt the voting process, including signing ridiculously, obviously false names to the voter sign-up sheets. Who else in their right minds would bother signing "Mickey Mouse" on a voter registration sheet?

What POSSIBLE motive could anyone have to sign such a stupid and immediately, obviously false name to the sheets other than someone wanting to discredit the organization.

Come ON, man, YES, you're foolish enough to take the Bush cartel seriously, even after eight years of their unprecedentedly, transparently ruinous fuckuppery, but simple, logical, FOURTH GRADE deduction shows the culprit behind this scam. And it AIN'T an antipoverty organization.

But do yourself and your country a favor - educate yourself about who the Hell ACORN IS first - then come back and we'll talk:
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=ACORN

And it's mighty CONVENIENT how you just seem to have um.... SKIPPED the ENTIRE ISSUE of MCCAIN's involvement with the group
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/13/acorn-mccain-and-gop-used_n_134284.html

But then getting pissed off about rhetoric is always more fun than taking the time to actually learn what's going on. And it takes a mighty big man to admit - particularly to himself - when he's been duped - for decades.